The purpose of LTNA is to create, stimulate and perpetuate discussion of topics relating to local and national transportation issues.
By enrolling local freight transportation clubs and associations into the LTNA membership roster, LTNA and its member clubs endeavor to create funding for its scholarship award program in support of students pursuing undergraduate degrees in recognized university transportation degree programs.
1) Promote through member clubs, companies and individuals, the importance, value and economic role of freight transportation and logistics;
2) Promote the general welfare of member clubs and their respective memberships;
3. Provide an international forum for local transportation and logistics organizations;
4) Stimulate and perpetuate dialogue among members on subjects of national and international importance as they relate to freight transpotation and logistics; and
5) Promote education in the transportation industry.